We are currently looking for a Network Engineer that is highly self-motivated and directed, and has a keen attention to detail. This candidate must have an in-depth knowledge and experience with configuration, support, and troubleshooting of network elements in a service provider environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain and operate regional IP/MPLS and WDM networks.
- Proactively monitor network and respond to events.
- Respond to and perform troubleshooting of customer and NOC reported issues.
- Provision new customer services using defined procedures and templates.
- Generate and update network diagrams and documentation using Word, Excel, and Visio.
- Install and maintain equipment at remote POPs and customer locations.
- Perform maintenance operations during maintenance windows.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Strong technical experience with LAN/WAN technologies in a service provider environment
- Knowledge of Cisco ASR9xx, 9k, ME3400, and ME3600 platforms.
- Knowledge of Carrier Ethernet and MEF standards.
- Proficient in routing protocols: MPLS, BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Proficient in switching protocols: RSTP, REP, LACP, etc.
- Ability to adhere to change management policies and procedures.
- Ability to work hours outside of normal schedule with little or no advance notification required.
- Ability to travel to and from remote POPs and customer locations.
- Must have a valid driver's license with a safe/acceptable driving record.
- High school diploma required, college or military preferred.
- Cisco or other vendor certifications preferred but not required (CCNA, CCNP or equivalent).