Derc is seeking energetic Junior Designers, contemplative problem solvers with the desire to master a few different design disciplines.
First and foremost, you are a passionate Graphic Designer with exceptional taste. You’re comfortable working across print and digital mediums, and pride yourself as an independent self-starter who possesses initiative, pride and strong work ethic. The mediums we work in change as new technologies emerge, so you’re also resourceful, with an ability to pick up new skills quickly.
- Design and execution, from concept to completion, across print and digital mediums.
- Presentation design and production (PowerPoint and Keynote).
- Collaborating with 3D Artists, Interactive Developers and other Wild Blue specialists.
- Assisting with both creative and production related tasks,
- Following brand guidelines and aesthetic direction set by senior design staff.
- BA in Graphic Design/Communications, or certificate in related design discipline.
- Solid skills in the latest Adobe CS applications.
- Functional knowledge of presentation software (PowerPoint & Keynote).
- General understanding of 3D and interactive design disciplines.
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles.
- Demonstrated command of typography, color, composition and hierarchy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to construct production-ready files for both print and digital mediums.
- Strong organizational and file management skills.
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design and technology.
- Solid understanding of user-interface design and digital design trends.
- Light travel, based on the needs of the business.
- Supplemental competencies in any of the following a plus: Motion Graphics/Animation, 3D Modeling and/or Front-End/Interactive Development.